What admin commands would you all like to see added directly into the engine? This is my list so far:
- /hide - Hide (don't show up on /who list, doesn't show on clients, NPCs don't attack) (can be used with a user's name for a parameter, or targeted character is used if none is specified)
- /weather - Change the weather on the map
- /kill - Ends the targeted character's life (blood bath optional)
- /immortal - Prevents the target from receiving any damage (can be used with a user's name for a parameter, or targeted character is used if none is specified)
- /gmpowered - Lists off every player online with any attributes set by GMs (/immortal, /hide)
- /gold - Give yourself gold
- /object - Give yourself an object
- /gmcommands - Lists off the last used GM commands, and who they were used by
I am focusing on admin commands right now because:
1. They're often quite small and easy to do - don't require a huge code rewrite.
2. Easy to write to only affect performance when used.
3. People love having commands they can use to boss others playing their game around.
4. They're easy to compact into a small area, making the code addition guides easy to write.
Anything that involves editing any non-code files (ie the database) won't be added, nor will those that require adding global variables, especially to UDTs (except for maybe the users UDT, because that can be a hard one to avoid).